Call this quick drink a licuado, a Latin fruit drink literally translated into ‘blended’, or call it a cooler, by the end of your glass, you’ll call it nothing but refreshing.
- Licuado de Sandia y Fresa
- Watermelon and Strawberry Cooler
- Yields: 3 pints
- 4 cups medium diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup medium diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup lime juice (approx. 2 large limes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 large spearmint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
Place all ingredients except the water in a blender jar. Blend at high speed until very smooth. Mix well with the cold water. Serve over ice. The licuado will separate as it settles. Stir very well to combine serving. Mix it with a chilled light rum, vodka or silver tequila for a perfect summer cocktail.